When you think of financial education programs, what do you think of? Most financial education programs are run by someone who is either trying to sell you a mutual fund, investment or insurance. If not, they are probably a representative who works for a specific company, teaching you about the plan or the products offered by the plan. It usually runs for 1 hour and does not have a lot of substance. Not us, we are truly unique and exceptional in 3 ways:
- CONTENT – Our content is truly educational. We know that the only way to really help employees is to give them a program that is holistic and comprehensive. To accomplish that, we can’t do it in one hour.
- DELIVERY – Most financial education programs are run my financial advisors or financial people who may know a thing or to about personal finance but they may not know how to teach. Our workshops are unique because they are really fun. We know that the best way to get people to learn is to give them content that is engaging, interactive and fun. People really do rave about our workshops . . . that are nothing like other workshop you may have attended.
- OBJECTIVE – Because we do not sell or pitch financial products, we do not have the same conflict of interest that can be present if we are compensated by selling something. We aim to provide education without that conflict of interest.
Financial Education Programs
Our Financial Eduction Programs for the Workplace are the best in the industry. Although we have four core programs to fit the needs of each employer, we can really customized any program accordingly.
- Our most popular program is the Retire Happy Program: How to make Retirement the best years of your life. This program really walks you employees through the framework of creating a retirement plan from beginning to end. This is not your typical retirement planning workshop that focuses on buying RRSPs and investing your money. This workshop is truly comprehensive and incorporates both the lifestyle and financial components of retirement planning.
- Investing is not Rocket Science is a program that helps employees engage in their retirement investments. Most advisors and group plans encourage people to buy and hold and never worry about their money. Our program teaches employees the opposite. We teach them why it’s critically important to engage in their portfolio because no one cares about your money more than you. We teach employees that investing is not rocket science and the mechanics to developing a framework for investing that makes sense and is actually easy to manage. For those employees that work with their own advisors, we also teach how to better work with advisors to maximize results in their portfolios.
- Take control of your money is a general personal finance program that teaches your employees the seven key habits to financial control and stability. We believe everyone has the ability to achive financial success because success simply comes from developing good money habits as opposed to the bad ones. Are you practicing good money habits? This program will help you look at all aspects of your financial life including banking, budgeting, debt, investing, insurance, taxes, and much more.
- Estate Planning is often misunderstood. People think it’s something you do when you are older or have lots of money. This program dispels those myths and gets people thinking about their own lives. Estate Planning is all about the people you love. It’s about your spouse, your kids, grandkids, siblings, etc. Estate planning is really about covering your bases for unfortunate and unforeseen events and not just death. To check out our program Estate planning: Money, Memories and Loved Ones, click here.
Jim is passionate about helping people make better decisions about money. His Financial Education Programs for the Workplace are designed to help both employers and employees benefit from financial education. This program can be customized to any organization of any size. It can encompass keynote presentations, educational workshops, individual consulting, articles, newsletters, email services, books, CDs, videos or web based learning. To learn more about Jim’s Financial Education in the Workplace Program or some of his other popular programs like RETIRE HAPPY, ESTATE and LEGACY or KEYNOTES for conferences, contact us